I know this is a very weird thing to do in the middle of the night but I’ve been missing Edinburgh a lot lately so I looked up my old flat on Google Maps. Someone asked me recently if I’ve ever wanted to go back, and I do, more than anything. You can’t beat waking up and seeing a castle every day.
Some things about this flat:
- Warrender Park Crescent is not the same as Warrender Park Road because fuck you cartography
- The fire brigade had to come twice in one week (possibly on consecutive nights) because we were horrible at cooking
- Once I looked up from my laptop to see out the window that young hooligans were climbing onto my roof
- See that gated garden bit in front of the kitchen windows? Once a drunk man climbed in there, then walked all the way around the block of flats to bang on our front door and shout through the letter slot. He later threw up in the garden and the guys from two flats down went to the pub to sort him out. Possibly in a violent way.
- This flat was actually really shitty and the uni housing people could not believe how many grievances we had. My flatmates were amazing, though, and we spent all our free time hanging out in the kitchen, talking. We were in the kitchen because we did not have a living room…